• It is important that the area being treated not be exposed to the sun. A broad- spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen of 30 SPF or higher should be applied whenever area to be treated is exposed to the sun. This practice should continue between treatments and following your last treatment for at least 6 weeks. Hyper-pigmentation, or hypo-pigmentation can result if treated area is exposed to the sun without sunscreen.
• DO NOT use Retin-A or Renova one week prior to laser treatment.
• DO NOT take Accutane for six months prior to laser treatment.
• DO NOT pluck, tweeze, thread, wax or use depilatory agents for three weeks prior to treatment.
• The area should be shaved 24-48 hours prior to treatment. Stubble is needed to visualize area. If the area being treated has a heavy hair growth, you should shave just prior to coming for treatment.
• DO NOT wear make-up, deodorant, lotions, perfumes or powder on the areas to be treated.
• We will not perform your laser treatment if you have a suntan, sunburn, or have used self tanning cream because of the likelihood of hyper-pigmentation or hypo-pigmentation.
• Treat the area delicately. Do not rub, scratch or pick the treated area.
• Avoid swimming, sports, and strenuous exercise for one day following
• Do not shave the area if crusting or blistering occurs.
• Do not use hot water on treated areas immediately following treatments.
Care of the Treated Area:
• Apply a light coat of antibacterial ointment such as Neosporin, to the treated area if necessary to keep the area moist.
• Treated hair will exfoliate or push out in approximately two to three weeks (sometimes sooner), and may appear darker and thicker before falling out.
• Do not shave for a minimum of 3 days post treatment.
• When showering, always gently rinse with cool or tepid water and gently pat the
area dry. Do not rub.
• Avoid sun exposure for at least 10 days after the treatment